The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for assisting the Head of Software Development and product team implement and deliver the PiggyPot iOS and web applications and future products.
Saving up for the things you want it hard. PiggyPot is revolutionising how people save money. We are a small, innovative startup focused on creative engaging user-centric software that solves real world problems.
We launched our iOS app in May 2016, and today have 13,000 users, taking over £0.5million in deposits, with active saving targets totalling £1.3million. We're now growing our team to help accelerate the development of our current iOS app, back-end architecture and future platforms.
As a technology company we have a real commitment to using the best possible modern development languages and tools in our products. That's why to date we've built our software using React.js, React Native and Node.js.
If being involved in an forward-thinking, well-funded startup from an early stage excites you, come and join us. This role includes shares in the business via a generous equity options scheme.
The right individual will enjoy working with others and understand the value of having a positive, fun place to work. They should also be passionate about technology (in particular programming) and feel comfortable in an agile startup environment.
- Work with our senior developers to architect and plan the next steps of our product.
- Write well defined, modular code with automated tests for our React Native app.
- Take part in our weekly planning meeting to discuss what you’ve done and what you plan to do in the next sprint.
- Be nice to your teammates and enjoy the experience of working in a fun, forward-thinking startup :)
Skills and Experience
- Comfortable building user interfaces with CSS
- Eye for detail
Nice to have
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with a Flux based architecture, like Redux or Cerebral
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with RxJS
- Experience with native iOS development
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Third level degree in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline
We afford all our staff the opportunity to work remotely as required, to facilitate this we provide a new Macbook Pro.
In addition we also provide
- An equity options scheme (0.1% - 0.4%)
- A competitive salary (£35k - £40k)
- Health insurance
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Access to our Safari Books account
- Paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly corporate massages
- Unlimited free coffee
- Darts in the PiggyPenthouse
And most importantly…
The PiggyBreak - Each year we embark on a company paid trip for the entire team to hack, team build and unwind.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and Github ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d also be keen to see examples of any iOS applications you’ve previously created or contributed to.